F8 2020, Facebook’s annual developer conference, is set for May 5 and 6 at the McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, Calif.
Developers interested in attending the invite-only event can sign up at the F8 site to be notified when registration opens and to receive event updates.
Major announcements at F8 in the past included:
- 2019: Facebook introduced an overhaul of its flagship mobile applications and desktop site, as well as the Project LightSpeeed revamp of Messenger and extended availability of Facebook Dating and the Facebook Portal video-calling device.
- 2018: The social network revealed that it was testing a dating feature and began enabling third-party applications to share content to Stories on Facebook and Instagram.
- 2017: Augmented reality was the headline-grabber at this conference, along with updates to Facebook Login.
- 2016: Messenger bots were officially introduced.
- 2015: Messenger Platform was rolled out and businesses were welcomed to the social network’s flagship messaging application.
- 2014: Mobile advertising network Facebook Audience Network was unveiled after much speculation.
Director of platform partnerships Konstantinos Papamiltiadis wrote in a blog post, “This is such an important event for us. It’s one of our favorite ways to celebrate all of you—the developers, creators, entrepreneurs and innovators who build incredible experiences using our platform and tools and participate in our programs. F8 will feature product demos, deep-dive sessions that showcase how technology can enable you to come together and create your best work and opportunities for you to network with our global developer community and learn from each other.”